Chapter 14

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 14

Post by Freakzilla »

At the quantum level our universe can be seen as an indeterminate place,
predictable in a statistical way only when you employ large enough numbers.
Between that universe and a relatively predictable one where the passage of a
single planet can be timed to a picosecond, other forces come into play. For
the in-between universe where we find our daily lives, that which you believe is
a dominant force. Your beliefs order the unfolding of daily events. If enough
of us believe, a new thing can be made to exist. Belief structure creates a
filter through which chaos is sifted into order.

-Analysis of the Tyrant, the Taraza File: BG Archives

Teg feels changed on his return to Gammu from the Guild ship. Schwangyu is not happy to see Mother Superior. Taraza tells her she's there for a private conversation with Lucilla and won't be staying long. She's visibly angry at Teg. When alone, Odrade tells Teg she has all her feminine ancestral memories, they're no longer filtered and from this she knows that she is Teg's daughter. Lucilla is of a parallel breeding line. She tells him she is the author of the Atreides Manifesto. Teg tells her that the Tleilaxu are spreading it far and wide. Odrade says this is just as they'd hoped. Teg comes to the mentat conclusion that Taraza needs Teg to make a human decision for the Bene Gesserit who are now outside of humanity. Odrade longs to tell him that she still feels human but doesn't. She remembers the Van Gogh painting in Taraza's quarters and how it makes her feel totally human. Taraza and Lucilla return, Odrade wipes a tear from her eye which shocks Teg. Taraza tells Odrade it is time to go to Rakis.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 14

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

I'm reading HoD again. I take it to mean the Bene Gesserit are "outside of humanity" because they have suppressed their emotions, especially love?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think this is a comment on how their breeding program has affected their order. They tried to breed for a specific kind of human not realizing how this changed themselves. They've purposely tried to keep an outside frame of reference for so long, they no longer think like the rest of humanity.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman