Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 13

Post by Freakzilla »

The failure of CHOAM? Quite simple: They ignore the fact that larger
commercial powers wait at the edges of their activities, powers that could
swallow them the way a slig swallows garbage. This is the true threat of the
Scattering -- to them and to us all.

-Bene Gesserit Council notes, Archives #SXX90CH

On the way down to Gammu in the lighter from the Guild ship, Odrade is half listening to Teg and Taraza's conversation and half readying herself for the events to come. She compares Teg with images of him in Other Memory and notes how teaching the ghola has drained him recently. She wonders if he knows how they use him. She starts to get emotional looking at Teg and recalls her first ordered seduction and the lessons learned from it. She had almost fallen in love. Her second time was easier. None stuck in her memory like that first one though. Her attention goes back to Taraza who is now talking about hydrolic despotism and key logs. She then realizes that Taraza is actually talking to her. Taraza continues on about how the Honored Matres combine sexual extacy with worship without any idea of the danger. The worshiper and worshiped can be united and divided by faith. Teg states that divided forces will battle for supremacy. Taraza asks him what the Honored Matre flaw is, Teg says it's that they can only survive if they continue to increase dependancy on them. A dead end. The real problem is they could take much of humanity down with them. Taraz tells them both to listen up. She says they are setting powerfull forces adrift, they will most likely jam up and cause damage. Odrade is to take Teg aside when they land and brief him on the Atreides Manifesto.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 13

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman