Chapter 10

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 10

Post by Freakzilla »

In my estimation, more misery has been created by reformers than by any other
force in human history. Show me someone who says "Something must be done!" and
I will show you a head full of vicious intentions that have no other outlet.
What we must strive for always! is to find the natural flow and go with it.

-The Reverend Mother Taraza, Conversational Record, BG File GSXXMAT9

Patrin wakes Duncan with a glass of juice and tells him he's fifteen years old and should consider himself a man. Duncan asks if it's his birthday and if gholas even have birthdays but Patrin has been instructed not to discuss such things with the ghola. Duncan sneaks out to a forbidden window in the outer wall of the keep. He can sense his past memories. He sneaks back to his room un-noticed, happy that no one will be punished for letting him get out. This has fine tuned his ability to move undetected, even among Reverend Mothers. Back in his room he experiences a fragment of a vision of who he thinks is his mother. He's affraid that he will loose his true self if he regains his memories. He doesn't want to be part of the Bene Gesserit. Schwangyu has given up on trying to win Lucilla over to the opposition and is upset that she and Teg are giving Duncan the deep training. Schwangyu has purposely made Duncan think the BG use witchcraft and fears this, he only hopes to use their knowledge to escape them. This would force them to hunt him down and kill him, which is Schwangyu's plan. Lucilla plans to train him as she would a potential Reverend Mother, denying him only The Agony, then imprint him. It's Schwangyu's hopes that this might destroy him because of the flaw she implanted in him. Lucilla tells Schwangyu she's been increasing the amount of spice fed to Duncan. Schwangyu thinks they are in danger of creating another Kwisatz Haderach and will destroy the Sisterhood.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman