Chapter 02

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 02

Post by Freakzilla »

Explosions are also compressions of time. Observable changes in the natural
universe all are explosive to some degree and from some point of view; otherwise
you would not notice them. Smooth Continuity of change, if slowed sufficiently,
goes without notice by observers whose time/attention span is too short. Thus,
I tell you, I have seen changes you would never have marked.

-Leto II

Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza interviews Reverend Mother Darwi Odrade. Odrade is an Atreides and has had nineteen children all by different fathers for the Bene Gesserit. There is another RM who looks just like Odrade, Lucilla who is an imprinter, and who's training was identical. They have both accepted an assignment concearning the Duncan Idaho Ghola. Conflicts since the death of Leto II have drastically decreased in the old empire but people are returning from The Scattering and selling weapons. Taraza fears there may be trouble soon.

Odrade was born of a RM in extremis who hid her away on Gammu, where she was raised and eventually returned to the BG by her foster parents. She still loves her parents, which is heresy for a BG. Odrade digs dangerously deep into her Other Memories. RMS Taraza sees these things as a flaw in Odrade. Taraza is slightly older that Odrade and helped her along in her BG training. Odrade has a prescient instinct that alerts her to trouble to the sisterhood. Taraza uses this from time to time but thinks it's a dangerous talent and they watch her offspring closely.

Taraza sends Odrade to Rakis.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 02

Post by Freakzilla »

No revisions.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman