Chapter 47

Post by Freakzilla »

Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching
cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You
restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You
make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even
the children to breathe slowly. You tame
The Stolen Journals

Duncan, Siona, Nayla and her Fish Speaker troop arrive at Tuono and Duncan is disgusted by the Museum Fremen that live there and laughs at their Naib. Duncan agrees to teach them anything he knows about the true Fremen. Nayla insists that the God Emperor has commanded that Siona and Duncan be quartered together.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 47

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
JasterMereel

Post by JasterMereel »

I always wonder why Siona feels like she has to warn Duncan off when he's made it clear he can hardly stand her himself.

Siona seems like the worst Atreides we ever meet. Her personality is irritating. But I suppose that's how we're supposed to feel because we only understand Leto academically from this story. Siona sees the things done in his name that we don't see. I guess that would colour anyone's opinion.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Agree, an abrasive bitch. One of my least favorite characters. But then, all she was needed for was breeding.
~Pink Snowman
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

It seems she was written to be the anti-Moneo, just as Hwi was the anti-Malky. Whatever traits Moneo had - patience, understanding, noble bearing, desiring stability - she was the opposite. I'm sure having her constantly spied on and her plans constantly thwarted didn't help in the making-her-angry department. It almost seemed like Leto was riling her up on purpose to see what she would do with that anger.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

georgiedenbro wrote: It almost seemed like Leto was riling her up on purpose to see what she would do with that anger.
This is what I have always thought to be necessary to prepare her for the trip to the desert with Leto.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
xcalibur

Post by xcalibur »

Siona was definitely a firebrand.

also, that scene where Duncan laughs at the Museum Fremen Naib (for carrying a fake knife) always stuck with me for some reason.
Fremen : Museum Fremen :: Frank : Brian & Kevin