• Register
  • Login
  •          

Chapter 46

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴏᴜʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜɴᴇ ᴄʜʀᴏɴɪᴄʟᴇꜱ

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Chapter 46

Postby Freakzilla » 02 Jul 2008 10:51

It required almost a thousand years before the dust of Dune's old planet-wide
    desert left the atmosphere to be bound up in soil and water. The wind called
    sandblaster has not been seen on Arrakis for some twenty-five hundred years.
    Twenty billion tons of dust could be carried suspended in the wind of just one
    of those storms. The sky often had a silvery look to it then. Fremen said: "The
    desert is a surgeon cutting away the skin to expose what's underneath." The
    planet and the people had layers. You could see them. My Sareer is but a weak
    echo of what was. I must be the sandblaster today.

-The Stolen Journals

Moneo stands before Leto, who is amused that he sent Duncan and Siona away without asking him. Leto reduces Moneo to the brink of tears, as usual then tells him he has decided to change the location of his wedding from Tabr to Tuono.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 46

Postby Freakzilla » 05 Aug 2012 06:02

No revisions.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby Freakzilla » 05 Aug 2012 06:05

Why did Leto change the wedding location?
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby JasterMereel » 03 Jul 2016 19:10

Freakzilla wrote:Why did Leto change the wedding location?

I like to think it was because he knew of Siona and Duncan's continued hatred of him and wanted to see what his being there would perpetuate. I personally believe Leto assumed an assassination was going to occur, without consulting his oracular vision (he always made a point to mention he never consulted visions of his death). I think he made the switch gambling with his life, having known the no-room technology was being spread as a result of his assault on Ix with a battalion of Fish Speakers (and Anteac). Don't forget the Bene Tleilax and the Guild participate in that excursion as well, all but guaranteeing that the technology will become commonplace.

Knowing full well people without the Siona gene can hide from oracular vision, coupled with the knowledge of said Siona gene being inevitably spread gave Leto the confidence to roll the dice on that ultimate surprise.
    JasterMereel

Return to ˱