souls of my people. How illuminating it is to peer backward through a perfect
circle at that ancient struggle for the visible moment of the soul. All time
vibrates to that call: "Here I am!" With a mind informed by artist-giants who
came afterward, I peer at handprints and flowing muscles drawn upon the rock
with charcoal and vegetable dyes. How much more we are than mere mechanical
events! And my anti-civil self demands: "Why is it that they do not want to
leave the cave?"

-The Stolen Journals

Duncan had been fuming all day about being so easily bested by Moneo when a fish speaker summons him to see Moneo and Hwi. Moneo apologizes for making Duncan feel inadequate and asks for his understanding. He informs them that Leto has not returned from testing Siona and Duncan realizes that Moneo was tested too and asks him about it. Moneo says Leto showed him a glimpse of what it was like to be the God Emperor. He reveals that Leto wished he could cry and Duncan explains to them that water is poisonous to sandworms. Moneo tells them that Leto has commanded that they part and never see each other again. They argue about the Godhood of Leto and Moneo tells them how Leto showed him what made Leto make his decission to take on the sandtrout skin and how he almost died from it. Duncan damns them and leaves. Hwi promisses not to see Duncan again. On his way back to his quarters Duncan passes Nayla and calls her "friend?", she replies that she is no longer friend. In his quarters he knows that now Hwi with think him a petulant foor and he pities Hwi and Moneo's devotion to Leto and remembers how he used to be like that. He used to be like that, but no longer.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 43

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman