Chapter 41

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 41

Post by Freakzilla »

One of the most terrible words in any language is Soldier. The synonyms parade
through our history: yogahnee, trooper, hussar, kareebo, cossack, deranzeef,
legionnaire, sardaukar, fish speaker... I know them all. They stand there in the
ranks of my memory to remind me: Always make sure you have the army with you.

-The Stolen Journals

Duncan seeks out Moneo in a tunnel with young Fish Speaker quarters beneath the Citadel. On the way he sees two Fish Speakers embraced in a passionate kiss and becomes enraged. He finds Moneo and confronts him with this. Moneo tries to tell him that trying to stamp it out will only encourage it. The argument ends in Duncan attacking Moneo who very easily throws Duncan to the ground. Duncan is shocked that he actually attacked and Atreides and is amazed by Moneo's prowess. Moneo tells Duncan that he has been breeding the Atreides for centuries and Duncan is just an older model.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Re: Chapter 40

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:They stand there in the
ranks of my memory to remind me: Always make sure you have the army with you.[/i]
-The Stolen Journals
Power grows out of the barrle of a gun, and nothing hippy pacifists can say will change that.
Freakzilla wrote:On the way he sees two Fish Speakers embraced in a passionate kiss and becomes enraged.
FH's views on homosexuallity interest me, can anyone tell if he ever expressed them in detail in some interview?
It seems he's not against it so much as views it as either a passing phase or some bad condition there's nothing to do about(except exploit for military purposes, as in The Dosadi Experiment).
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I believe his other son, not Brian, was homosexual. I don't think he agreed with it but understood that supressing such things doesn't work. This chapter makes Duncan's anit-homo point of view seem childish and Moneo's and Leto's tollerance seem the mature way to handle it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

I read(in Wiki' was it?) that he indeed had a gay son, who died in the early 90's from AIDS, thus sadly taking Brian's place in the family plot. :(

I know he at least accepted it, but it seems more like he viewed it as an unfotunate disease...which I actually quite agree with to some extent.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla

Re: Chapter 41

Post by Freakzilla »

No revisions.
~Pink Snowman