Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 35

Post by Freakzilla »

"Make no heroes," my father said.
-The voice of Ghanima,
From the Oral History

Leto can tell by the way Duncan marches across the room to him that he as undergone a profound change, the "since syndrome" he calls is. What has happened since he died? Why do they want me? Once it starts it can only be diverted, never quenched. They accuse Leto of doing all sorts of sinister things. Duncan wonders if there is some way to break through a barrier and remember all those other ghola lives, he feels that with just a little more effort he could and nearly passes out. He tells Leto it's not real he doesn't belong here in this time. It's a crime to bring him back again and again without asking if that's what he wants. Leto has taken away the magic of life, the knowing that there will never again be a time like the one in which you live. He asks Leto about his wedding to Hwi, he can't believe or understand it. Hwi seems like the only normal person around. He asks Leto if he trusts him. Leto says if he can't trust Duncan Idaho, who can he trust? If Duncan can't trust him he pities him. Duncan asks if there is some frontier he could go to and escape all this. Leto tells if that if there ever is to be one Duncan must help him create it. As it is now there is no where to go. His empire grows but they do not seperate, humanity is like a single celled organism. Duncan plans to go back to the Citadel, he wants to get to know Hwi better, Leto forbids it. Duncan says he always knew there really were witches, Leto's grandmother was one. He turns his back on Leto and leaves without asking. Leto thinks how childlike the Duncans are. The oldest man in the universe and the youngest in the same body.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 35

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman