Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 29

Post by Freakzilla »

I am both father and mother to my people. I have known the ecstasy of birth and
the ecstasy of death and I know the patterns that you must team. Have I not
wandered intoxicated through the universe of shapes? Yes! I have seen you
outlined in light. That universe which you say you see and feel, that universe
is my dream. My energies focus upon it and I am in any realm and every realm.
Thus, you are born.

-The Stolen Journals

Duncan has returned to Onn and Leto after going to the Citadel immediately following Siaynoq, Leto wants to know why he went there. Duncan says he needed time to think and to talk to Siona and he asked Moneo about the nature of Siona's test. Leto reveals that he's testing Duncan by tempting him with the power he felt at Siaynoq, all of his closest administrators were once rebels that he has tested. Duncan doesn't see how he was a rebel but Leto reminds him that he helped the Atreides take over the empire. Duncan doesn't like how the Fish Speakers treat him since Siaynoq, they always try to seduce him but if he refuses they treat him like a holy man. He accuses the Fish Speakers of being a police force, not an army, but Leto swears it isn't so. Police are ultimately corrupted seeing that the most prosperous criminal posistion is the posistion of authority. Leto doesn't believe in prisons and laws, he has sins. The major sins in his empire are corruption of or by a member of his government. That corruption is essentially failure to observe and worship his holiness. Duncan insists he won't worship Leto, Leto tells him the Fish Speakers know this.

Leto says he is setting up patterns of patterns, preserving humanity while preparing it for the next cycle. Duncan asks what the pattern is in bringing him back time after time. Leto tells him his value to him is his ability to doubt everything. Duncan thinks Leto's brutality goes against the Atreides grain, yet Leto assures him he is Atreides. Duncan met Hwi on the way in and asked her what she was doing here, she said she was choosing sides and now serves Leto. This amuses Leto. Leto warns Duncan to stay away from Hwi.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 29

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman