Chapter 28

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 28

Post by Freakzilla »

The problem of leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
-Muad'Dib.
From the Oral History

Hwi is summoned before Leto in the depths of Onn. A Fish Speaker and Reverend Mother Anteac came to her at the Ixian embassy Anteac studies Yake who becomes nervous. She tells the Fish Speaker, "yes". She tells Leto that she has sent his message to Ix requesting the details of her birth. He asks what secrets they want her to get from him, she says they want to know about the inner workings of his religion and how he took religious control away from the Bene Gesserit. Leto says that Anteac was sent to the embassy to identify face dancers, her embassy had been infested. She says the Tleilaxu should be wiped out for their cruelty. Leto admits that he too can be cruel but the only people he's considered eliminating are the Bene Gesserit. He tells her how he came to be regarded as a god by the Fremen and how when he dies his consciousness will be divided among his decendant santrout, aware yet blind. This is what Paul was affraid of. He says that his religion is similar to sun worship and that he tells her his secrets because he wouldn't ask her to be the bride of a god. He doesn't let her answer, but if she accepts he must be allowed to choose the father if she wants children. He realizes that if he had led a normal life, Hwi is exactly the kind of woman he would have wanted, and the Ixians know this. He sends her away, to be called back to the citadel later.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 28

Post by Freakzilla »

Revised
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman