Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 26

Post by Freakzilla »

When I set out to lead humankind along my Golden Path, I promised them a lesson
their bones would remember. I know a profound pattern which humans deny with
their words even while their actions affirm it. They say they seek security and
quiet, the condition they call peace. Even as they speak. they create the seeds
of turmoil and violence. If they find their quiet security. they squirm in it.
How boring they find it. Look at them now. Look at what they do while I record
these words. Hah! I give them enduring eons of enforced tranquility which plods
on and on despite their every effort to escape into chaos. Believe me, the
memory of Leto's Peace shall abide with them forever. They will seek their quiet
security thereafter only with extreme caution and steadfast preparation.

-The Stolen Journals

Duncan and Siona are being flown to a place of safety by a troop of Fish Speakers. Siona is giving Duncan the silent treatment and he wonders at her bitterness, it reminds him of the first days when he vowed vengance against the Harkonnens. He thinks of Hwi, he finds her gentility extrememly attractive and decides he must see more of her. Siona identifies a village they are flying over as Goygoa and asks Duncan to order the Fish Speakers to take them there. He asks what's there but she only says, "you'll see". They land and the Siona asks when they will go back to Onn. The Fish Sppeaker pilot tells them that Idaho will go back tomorrow but Siona is to go to the Citadel. Goygoa was Shulock, or Jacurutu, in the Dune days.

Siona and Duncan take a stroll through the village and Duncan asks what she's up to. Siona has her own questions, about what Leto was like in his day. He says he was only a child. She tells him one of his brides came from here, after Ghani died. She dissapeared into the Citadel, never to be seen again. He hasn't had a bride in thousands of years. She asks what Paul was like and he says he was the best friend a man could ever have. A child runs up to Duncan, looking just like him and says he's not his father, and runs away. He scowls at Siona and she feels bad for arranging this. He's enraged and asks how his predecessor died, she says the worm killed him like many others. She tells him about other of his predecessors' children and when she mentions Moneo he realizes she's Atreides too.

Idaho goes down the street to find where the boy had gone, Siona follows. He sees the boy and his mother in a window, she looks just like Jessica. The boys older brother comes out and tells him not to come back and tells Siona that Fish Speakers should treat their own better. Idaho leaves and walks up a garden hill and turns to look back at the village. Siona tells him that the whole empire is like this, even capitol cities, it's a prison. She once overheard Leto tell Moneo that he is supressing them on purpose, for their survival. She asks what it was like in his time, dangerous he says. She tells him that the fish speaker will room them together in hopes that they will breed. Duncan says he's not a damned stud.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 26

Post by Freakzilla »

No revisions.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman