Chapter 23

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Chapter 23

Post by Freakzilla »

From that welter of memories which I can tap at will, patterns emerge. They are
like another language which I see so clearly The social-alarm signals which put
societies into the postures of defense attack are like shouted words to me. As a
people. you react against threats to innocence and the peril of the helpless
young. Unexplained sounds, visions and smells raise the hackles you have
forgotten you possess. When alarmed, you cling to your native language because
all the other patterned sounds are strange. You demand acceptable dress because
a strange costume is threatening. This is system feedback at its most primitive
level. Your cells remember.

-The Stolen Journals

The Tleilaxu Ambassador Nunepi is brought to Leto's Audience Chamber early, out of his appointed order, Duncan joins them carrying a holstered lasgun. Leto falsly accuses Nunepi of spreading lies about Leto's "disgusting sexual habits. Leto passes the spice allotment over the Tleilaxu for the decade and orders him publicly flogged. Duncan warns that this will cause fear among the other envoys, Leto says he's teaching a lesson in responsibility and the ultimately sucidal nature of military foolishness and orders that no extra guards be posted. Nunepi sees himself as and instument of history and he doesn't see himself responsible for anything done against aliens. Duncan observes that Leto is the ultimate alien. They watch the flogging via image projection and Leto orders the punishment reduced to twenty lashes. Leto tells Duncan that everything he does is to teach a lesson. Duncan says nothing good will come of this, to which Leto replies, "precisely".
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 23

Post by Freakzilla »

No revisions.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman