Technical question

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Technical question

Post by Nekhrun »

Is this forum any different than T(A)U?

Over there I have it set to log me in automatically so when I go to the site and click on View New Posts I see them all and when I hit quote or reply everything works smoothly.

Here I've tried to set it up the same way and when I hit View New Posts I can see them all, but when I hit reply I have to log in again and when I go back to the new posts page everything is marked as read.

Any suggestions, or ideas on why this is different than T(A)U?

I use Firefox 3 (did the same thing for 2 as well). DN is a piece of shit board that I have to view in IE just to navigate around it.

I'd probably post a little more often, but I want to read all the new posts first and then it's just a pain in the ass to go back and find the old threads again and I've lost my motivation to post.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

sounds like it has something to do with your cookies, but other than that i can offer you no useful information. sorry!!! ;)
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

As far as I know they're the same. I'd try tossin' your cookies too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Yeah, this can happen. It may be time to delete your cookies and clear out some other files. Luckily Firefox makes it really easy.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

GamePlayer wrote:Yeah, this can happen. It may be time to delete your cookies and clear out some other files. Luckily Firefox makes it really easy.
tried that, and just did it again and it's still happening.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That's a bit odd, since they're all basically using the same software, just in slightly different versions, maybe. (T(A)U and here should be the same version; who knows what the fook Mike has running on DN.)

The domains for these (our) two sites are different, so you should have completely separate sets of cookies. Hmmmm.... :(
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Could this now be a Windows issue, like the feature that allows the computer to automatically save user names/passwords whenever you type them in? You might have to clear that out as well.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

does it matter if you bookmarked the page when you were logged out? still,
if you subsequently login, it should remember that as you navigate the
boards.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Pushtrak

Post by Pushtrak »

Spicelon wrote:does it matter if you bookmarked the page when you were logged out?
No. If I go to "View new posts" and refresh the page after a while, then it will not show all the same posts. Just more recent ones. Its clear that the same would apply in the case of bookmarking that page.
And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good?
-need we ask anyone to tell us these things?
-Robert Pirsig, Zen and the art of Motorcycle maintenance
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The only thing that I can add is that it is probably a local problem. T(A)U and Jacurutu sit right next to each other on the exact same box, they were loaded the same, and they currently are configured the same.

Nekhrun, PM me your e-mail address and the service you provide. If Freak put some spammer out the door, it may be affecting you too. Otherwise, it likely is a local problem.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't think I've ever had to even do that.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I've really fucked things up now, I can't even get any new posts to show up. I'm going to be looking at the times for a bit. I just can't figure out why it's not working the same as my settings for T(A)U.