Test posts

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Sole Man

Post by Sole Man »

Sole Man

Post by Sole Man »

And our revenge shall be complete...
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Sole Man wrote:Image
I think the fact they both use MAC kind of gives away their haxishness

I think MAC comps are like expensive cars. You get one to show people you have money to waste.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SwordMaster wrote:You get one to show people you have money to waste.
Breathtaking ignorance on display.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well ... I would have phrased that a little bit less harshly, but I assume, SwordMaster, that you have not used a Mac for any significant period of time. Yes?
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

HBJ,
trying to head off a religious war.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Macs are for pussies .....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

ImageImageImage

Yawn. Not taking that bait.

Y'all use whatever you want. Me, I'll actually be getting stuff done.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Hello, I'm a PC ....

And I'm a pseudo-artistic, trend-following zombie ....
ImageImage

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote:Well ... I would have phrased that a little bit less harshly, but I assume, SwordMaster, that you have not used a Mac for any significant period of time. Yes?
I use them everyday. I can tell you that in relation to the craft of writing it has no effect on the result.

I like MAC the same way I like luxuray cars. They are so nice to look at and very cool with all the neat gadgits and cool features that do not change much in terms of end results, other then speed. Speed limit on all roads = computer user productivaty ratio avg.

Most people use computers for : email, interwebz, maybe some WoRdZ and a few other applications that MAC has no advantage in other then "coolness" factor

Hey if I was rich I would own a few MACs and a couple really cool cars too, but Im not so I drive a Mazda and has a few PCs.

Now unleash the MAC dogs, il do anything to get this forum more active!
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

NOT quite. ;)

Since you mention cars, SwordMaster, I remember reading this great comparison a few years back about how no one would put up with a car that ran like a computer running the Windows system. Something about the engine freezing/coming to a stop every few miles. Having to reinstall the engine every week or so. Viruses, etc. You know, that sort of thing. It was fairly amusing and I'd look for it but this sort of silliness got old a long time ago.

As for the main point of it—trying to get the forum more active?—why is that even an issue? (That sounds like Dunenewt and the boys over on FED2K.)

I mean, we're not in some kind of activity competition with anyone, are we? We're not going to get kicked off the server if we don't have a certain number of posts per day or week, right?

What does it matter? :?
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

NOT quite. ;)

Since you mention cars, SwordMaster, I remember reading this great comparison a few years back about how no one would put up with a car that ran like a computer running the Windows system. Something about the engine freezing/coming to a stop every few miles. Having to reinstall the engine every week or so. Viruses, etc. You know, that sort of thing. It was fairly amusing and I'd look for it but this sort of silliness got old a long time ago.

As for the main point of it—trying to get the forum more active?—why is that even an issue? (That sounds like Dunenewt and the boys over on FED2K.)

I mean, we're not in some kind of activity competition with anyone, are we? We're not going to get kicked off the server if we don't have a certain number of posts per day or week, right?

What does it matter? :?
Im just being dickish I did not mean it in that way, more so towards my posts that are phail to get much feedback.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SwordMaster wrote:Now unleash the MAC dogs, il do anything to get this forum more active!
It's not 1997 any more. These days, it's a sad, tired, dull, meaningless debate waged mostly by douchebags.
SandChigger wrote:... I remember reading this great comparison a few years back about how no one would put up with a car that ran like a computer running the Windows system. Something about the engine freezing/coming to a stop every few miles. Having to reinstall the engine every week or so. Viruses, etc.
Sounds like a classic old Neal Stephenson essay:

http://artlung.com/smorgasborg/C_R_Y_P_ ... _O_N.shtml

Very funny stuff.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

What does the Mac vs. PC debate matter now anyway? Intel has taken over both of them.

Macs are just the more people-friendly computer marketed in catchy, branded adverts and a rainbow assortment of eye-catching colors for the fashion conscious, soy chai-sipping, Matrix-driving hipster demographic. So eat up you trend whore! :)
ragabash
The Benefactor

Re: Test posts

Post by ragabash »

FIRST YOUTUBE POST SUCKAAAAAS
GLaDOS wrote: This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
ragabash
The Benefactor

Mobile viewing

Post by ragabash »

Hey all! I just installed a read-only mobile version of Jacurutu. Just go to this address on your phone's web browser:

mo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read-only means that you cannot log in or post with it, just view what's already here. It's a suboptimal solution, but I figured I'd install it until I can find something more fully featured.

Enjoy!
GLaDOS wrote: This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

the icon-thing is working, too.

really cool, I was right in the middle of looking around
when it went up - shows up in the firefox bookmark menu, too ....

nice !!
ImageImage

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

ragabash wrote:

FIRST YOUTUBE POST SUCKAAAAAS
I can't make it through this Kevin J. Anderson shit. Especially not after enjoying the very entertaining Iain M. Banks video you posted on TAU.

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

The thing about the Banks video is that although he has this wry, self-deprecating manner. you can tell that he is intelligent as hell and takes his writing very seriously. KJA tries to sound like he's an accomplished writer, but just doesn't have the confidence to pull it off. The almost-pleading quality at the end of his commercial about TI was just embarrassing.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I couldn't make it past a minute of the KJA video. I so enjoyed the Banks vid earlier today, I have zero patience for listening to that walrus-rimming Anderson talk. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow just to see what you mean.

Comparing the two, Iain simply comes across as genuine and personable. Here's a guy equally at home talking about the farthest flung science fiction or chatting football over beers at the local pub.
Kevin comes across as artificial, impatient and always trying to sell you on something. He's also boring as a fucking stump.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:the icon-thing is working, too.

really cool, I was right in the middle of looking around
when it went up - shows up in the firefox bookmark menu, too ....

nice !!
I'm still getting zero love on the favicon here. (Safari 3.1.2)

Edit: Strike that. Houston, we have Herbert! :D
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

You will have to load the page once, close your browser, then it will appear. It draws the header only once then assumes that it never needs updating.

For those of you who have been pasting links to "jacurutu.com" instead of "www.jacurutu.com" around the web we have now fixed the referrals so that they come here instead of to the distant soil main page. No need to go back and fix any of them.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!